Sunday, July 13, 2014

R2D2 Paper Mache Done!!!

So, it took some time, but I finally finished up my paper mache R2D2.  Was debating about whether or not I should paint him, and I decided to go ahead and just do it.  I really wanted to see what he looked like in full color.  I equipped him with a voice chip so when you push a button hidden in his restraining bolt, he talks.  Also has lights in his head and the fan on the bottom front panel also spins.  He is 2/3 the size of the actual R2D2 and is made COMPLETELY of cardboard and hot glue.  

I've always LOVED paper mache, and I've gotten hooked again the last year on making things in that medium.  For this past fourth of July, I created a life-sized replica of the Liberty Bell.  This bell was featured on the Worthington Hills Swim Team float which one first prize for Best Organizational Float in the recent neighborhood parade.  That was fun and was also the first time the swim team won a prize for best float!  


This last fellow I started right after I began working on R2 in the fall of 2013.  Really happy with how he turned out as well.  

Sure there will be more to come on the paper mache front!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment